Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Craziness

Things have been so busy around our house this summer that I have not had a chance to update everyone. This will have to be a picture less post because my card reader for my camera got smashed-I won't mention who the guilty smasher was but will say surprisingly it wasn't one of the kids nor was it me:) I will pick up where I left off-my previous post was all about our recent High School graduate and how incredibly proud we are of her! Well our summer began with a short trip down to her school for her early registration and information. My twin sister Tara came with us so she could see how Lacey is planning on spending her next four years and just loved it. It took us 8 1/2 long hours to get down there (we drove) and 11 VERY LONG hours to get home! It was a really nice girls weekend so the hours in the car were actually really fun! After coming home I was only home for 1 day before I jetted off to NYC for the Fancy Food Show that I participate in with my other sister Tina and her hubby! It is always tons of fun and great food. We always go out 1 night to dinner at a recommended resturant and this year we dinned at Milos . Although I am not a big seafood fan, the food was absolutely amazing. So fresh and yummy. They made this fried zucchini that was to die for. Paper thin and delicious! Next on our busy schedule was July 4th weekend. We tried to do the low key weekend, but with such great friends, how could we stay home? We went to see the fireworks on Thursday night on our friends boat, then a party to celebrate the 4th on Friday. Saturday we went to another party, a dock party at our friends marina. Whew! Between work and play we have been so busy! That pretty much brings us current. Yesterday I took the girls and my niece and nephew for haircuts. I was planning on cutting Payton's hair into a cute bob, but her hair is about a 1/2 inch to short to donate so we are waiting until September to get her a new "do". She really wants her hair to look like her American Girl doll Ivy less the bangs-I can't do bangs. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I would love to hear all about it!

No comments: