Sunday, July 02, 2006

Dedicated to Carole, A Wonderful Mother, A Wonderful Friend~ May 9, 1935~June 29, 2006


One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he waswalking along the beach with the Lord. Across thesky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, henoticed two sets of footprints in the sand: onebelonging to him, and the other to the Lord. Whenthe last scene of his life flashed before him, helooked back at the footprints in the sand. Henoticed that many times along the path of his lifethere was only one set of footprints. He also noticedthat it happened at the very lowest and saddesttimes in his life. This really bothered him and hequestioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said thatonce I decided to follow you, You'd walk with me allthe way. But I have noticed that during the mosttroublesome times in my life, there is only one setof footprints. I don't understand why when I neededyou most you would leave me." The Lord replied,"My son, My precious child, I love you and I wouldnever leave you. During your times of trial andsuffering, when you see only one set of footprints, itwas then that I Carried You."
The Poem
Footprints in the Sand
by Mary Stevenson

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so sorry about your MIL. I know she has been suffering. She is at peace now. I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as you mourn for your loss.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Much love and strength to you all. Very sorry to hear of your loss. May God bless...